RVG (Radio- Visiography / Digital radiography) is a form of X-ray imaging, where digital X-ray sensors are used instead of traditional x ray films. Advantages include
- time efficiency through bypassing chemical processing
- ability to digitally transfer and enhance images.
- less radiation can be used to produce an image of similar contrast to conventional radiography.
- Instead of X-ray film, digital radiography uses a digital image capture device.
- immediate image preview and availability; in less than 5 seconds.
- elimination of film processing steps;
- wider dynamic range, which makes it more forgiving for over- and under-exposure;
- ability to apply special image processing techniques that enhance overall display of the image.
- number of images can be taken in no time.